Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thank you, AREC!

Proudly holding my Female Runner of the Year certificate and my 
Century Club certificate with a total of 351.7 miles for the 
AREC year (September 2012-August 2013.)


Thank you to my running club, AREC, for naming me 2013 Female Runner of the Year!  It is such an honor to be selected by my fellow runners and just to be mentioned with the other nominees is very humbling.  All of my friends in my club are an inspiration to me.  We have runners who are super fast and some who are slower but go the distance, like me!  We have runners of all shapes and sizes.  We have runners who are new and runners who have been running for a long time.  We have people of all ethnic backgrounds, religions, political views, occupations and sexual orientations and doesn't matter...we pound the pavement and we are a running community.  I love that running brings us together.  Thank you, AREC, for an amazing 10 years!  Here's to many more!

Runner of the Year trophy presentation at my club's 
Jingle Bell Run and Christmas Party night!

No comments:

Post a Comment